Let no one despise your youth, but set the believers an example in speech and conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. – 1 Timothy 4:12
Goals of Youth Ministry
The Australian Catholic Bishops have set out three goals for Catholic youth ministry in Australia:
- To foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
- To draw young people into responsible participation in the life and mission of the Catholic faith community.
- To empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in today’s world.
Parish Youth Ministry
Some of our local parishes carry out these goals by organising youth events or regular youth groups. To find out if there are youth events in your area please contact your local parish. You can find their contact details on our Parishes & Regions page. The Diocesan Youth Ministry Office is available to support local youth initiatives.
Major Youth Events
Major events that the Youth Office would normally promote and try to get groups to include:
- Ignite Summer Camp – held annually in January in the Sunshine Coast for high school students.
- Ignite Conference – held annually in September in Brisbane. For youth and young adults.
- ACYF – Australian Catholic Youth Festival – held every 3 years in varying locations around Australia. For ages 16 to 30. Schools also take school groups.
- World Youth Day – international youth event held every 3 years (typically) in varying locations around the world. For ages 18 to 35.
0433 897 973 firstname.lastname@example.org PO Box 611
170 William Street
Rockhampton Qld 4700