Culture of Safeguarding
What can each of us do to create an extended culture of guardianship?
- Respect the dignity of each child, young person and adult in the community
- Be aware, not overly suspicious, of the possibilities of abuse
- Trust our instincts, avoid gossip and consult with appropriate persons
- Be open to acquiring a deeper understanding of the harm caused by abuse
- Undertake willingly the checks required by State and Church agencies
- Abide by the Code of Ethical Behaviour
- Work to protect children, young people and vulnerable adults in our community
- Make a personal commitment to ensuring that our church is a safe community for all.
National Committee of Professional Standards. Used with permission.