Youth ministry aims to support the young people of our Diocese by providing information and co-ordination of activities and opportunities for youth across the Diocese.
Youth age groups typically fall into two categories:
- High School (Year 7 to Year 12)
- Young Adult (18-35 years old)
Each of these groups have differing needs and will be at different understandings in their faith journey.
Parishes and ministry groups would normally co-ordinate groups locally for youth in their areas. The Youth Office provides support where possible to these groups.
Major events that the Youth Office would normally promote and try to get groups to include:
- ACTS Camps – leadership training through schools for Years 10 and 11 students
- Ignite Conference – held annually in September in Brisbane. National Catholic Youth event. For youth and young adults.
- ACYF – Australian Catholic Youth Festival – held every 3 years in varying locations around Australia. For ages 16 to 30. Schools also take school groups.
- World Youth Day – international youth event held every 3 years (typically) in varying locations around the world. For ages 18 to 35.
Diocesan Youth Office
07 4887 3090 email@example.com PO Box 611
170 William Street
Rockhampton Qld 4700