In particular, Parents & Friends Associations participate in Catholic schools by:-
• Providing a medium of support, information and involvement of parents/carers in their children's education and the school community
• Developing collaboration between parents/carers and school staff
• Promoting the principles of Catholic education
• Fostering a distinctive Christian environment in the school
• Providing a medium for parents/carers to participate at Diocesan, State and National levels.
While other groups may be active within the life of the school, no group, other than the Parents & Friends Association, can represent the interests of the whole parent body at any school.
The Diocesan Parents & Friends Council has responsibility for the Parent & Friends Associations in the Rockhampton regions and operates within a constitution approved by the Bishop.
The Rockhampton Diocesan Council supports the 29 Primary and 8 Secondary school P&F Associations in our Diocese. We cover the area from Bundaberg north to Mackay and out west to Longreach.
We aim to do the following:
• Provide guidance and encouragement to the local P&F associations
• Actively support and assist schools with parent education
• Keep schools up to date with Diocesan, State and Federal issues
• Liaise with the Catholic Education office.
Sue Greentree (Chair)
Lloyd Finnis (Deputy Chair)
Janet McLennan (Secretary)
Bernadette Rutherford (Treasurer)
Southern Cluster Donna Haberman
Rockhampton Cluster Glenda Hyland
Western Cluster vacant